FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. What is rate of Service Tax?
– It will be levied at a flat rate of 15% on the amount.
2. Who has to get registration done?
– Service tax registration is mandatory for service providers whose turnover from taxable services exceeds Rs. 9 Lacs in the previous financial year.
3. When is the Service Tax return to be filed?
– 25th October is the due date of filing return for half year ending 30th September and 25th April is the due date for filing return for half year ending 31st march.scanned and sent through email to our office. Some documents will also have to be couriered to our office.
4. When should Service Tax payments be deposited?
– Service tax payments must be deposited by Companies, Societies, Trust, etc., monthly. Proprietary Firms and Partnership Firms are required to make Service Tax payments quarterly.
5. What is the penalty for not obtaining tax registration?
– If tax registration is not obtained then a penalty Rs 5000 Rs. 200 a day, whichever is higher may be attracted.